Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Three Years Later

Ha.... that post was so long ago, it's amazing how many things have happened.

I did train and do that Half Ironman in May 2006, then did my second Marathon in October.
Unfortunately during that marathon I tore tendons in both my feet and had to have a couple of surgeries.

But this year, I am back! I have already completed a sprint tri, and an olympic tri... granted since I'm not allowed to run anymore, they were both a bit slow. But hey, beats sitting on my couch for almost two years, and the time in the wheelchair, and crutches.

So.... next on the list? I'm embarking on a six-day bike ride down the coast to my friends Jaime and Chris's wedding www.weddingroadtrip.com . Should be interesting since the furthest I've ridden this year is 28 miles. So the plan is to ride about 80 miles a day for six days down highway 1.

It's funny that I was talking about doing online dating back in 2006, I was horrible at it, had only one date that wasn't good, and called it a day. I was in a couple of relationships in the past 3 years, one really serious with a great guy, but in the end they just weren't right, and here I am in the Spring/Summer of 2009 about to possibly/maybe venture into the dating world again.

I haven't really felt comfortable putting myself out there, I met the last boyfriend when I felt great about myself, mentally and physically, and due to the time spent inactive and in pain I just wasn't quite there yet.

Soooo to officially turn a new chapter, I'm going to do something I didn't think I'd ever do again..... I'm going skydiving!

I went skydiving back in the Summer of 2000 with my girlfriends when we were traveling the east cost of Australia. As www.lagirl.blogspot.com knows I've been terrified of heights since a very young age. It was a great experience, I was 22, and I thought ok check that off the list.
But, my cousin has wanted to go forever, and for her graduation from grad school, her, another friend, and I will be jumping at 18,000 ft.

Wish me luck...... it's my jump into a new attitude, and new chapter in this fantastic life.

Coco

No comments: