Friday, January 06, 2006

Reflections of 2005

Last year I reflected on 2004 and made some Resolutions for 2005:
So it's the New Year and the time to reflect on the year that haspast and make our wishes and resolutions for 2005.So let's start with my reflections and lessons of 2004.

-The best thing of 2004; was being surrounded by great friends old andnew that have all greatly enriched my life. I learned that it'snever too late to meet people that can affect and change you.
-A job without gloves, I learned that a desk job is sooo differentfrom a lab job, and that somewhere in the last year I almost became an adult. I think the defining moment for adulthood is the lack ofIKEA furniture in every room of the house. I'm so not there yet!
-I learned that I'm not a robot and can care for someone, sothat's pretty cool.
-I learned that I'm really competitive, and I like to win and begood at everything. Supposedly, I should have figured that out justby being a member of my family.
-Book club, I've always loved reading books but this year I learned that I like to talk about them, thanks Leif for keeping ittogether.
-Lip liner, I learned that I should be wearing it. Thanks Jenn forinforming me of its necessity.
-I learned that speed dating is a great place to meet girls. We met awhole bunch of tools, but also met Marci.
-I learned that I still love the Fourth of July! From rafting, nakedhot tubing, dancing and all the frickin Cranium, I'm ready for070405!
-I learned that the combination of exercise, pampering, alcohol, andCarolyn can leave you with 2nd degree burns, good times!
-Snowboarding in Whistler with my cousin for a week, I learned that I love boarding in Whistler with my cousin.
-The love of the game, I learned that having to explain baseball to a guy is a total turnoff and that tailgating rocks (especially if youare well dressed).
-All of the weddings this year, I learned that I have a lot of friends who don't mind me singing "Bust a Move" "Baby gotBack" and doing the worm at their wedding. Those are some great friends!
-Losing my grandfather, I learned how easily I am broken and how the loss of one amazing person can put life into perspective. It was one of the hardest things I went through this year and made for a prettydifficult holiday season, but with his death came the birth of my nephew, which leads to…Becoming an aunt, twice. I learned how much I love my family and that I love kids, other peoples kids!!

Resolutions and things I'm stoked to do in 2005!
-Take better care of myself, go to the doctor and boring stuff likethat.
-Not eat out for every meal, yeah that is killing me. I say more dinner parties! Good wine, good people, and good times!
-Snowboarding in Vail for four days with Monique, Leif, Carolyn, andCynthia. Yeah, that is going to kick ass!
-My friend's band, Mercury Legion has asked me to go back in time about 10 years to my former cheerleading days and dance on stage fortheir upcoming show. If anyone wants to listen to some punk pleasejoin me at laughing at myself for a night Feb. 12th at PoundSF.
-Celebrating everyone's birthday in the next year, I think we aresure to have a great party every month.
-More hiking and camping, I've been neglecting my hiking group andthe surrounding mountains.
-The WildFlower Triathalon in May, I am so stoked to compete in thistriathalon this year. Let's start training guys!
-Cabo San Lucas trip for a week in May with mi familia. Si Si, mas cervesas por favor! I hope to not get stuck there like the last time,no hurricanes!
-Wakeboarding this summer, oh yes I'm going to get some seriousair. Are you ready Mike?!
-I want to do the Muddy Buddy race, and am looking for my Muddy Buddy.Let me know if you are interested, it's not until November.
The last thing that I am so stoked about is loving my life as much asI did in 2004! Get ready for some good times!!

No comments: